This easy dairy free cheesy vegetable soup is sure to warm you up on a chilly winter day! Full of veggies and full of flavor!
What do you crave in the cold winter months? Comfort food, right?
Cheesy, creamy, tasty recipes that will warm you up and keep you full.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had a cheese based soup, so I thought I would try to make it with dairy free substitutions. This dairy free cheesy vegetable soup turned out to be very tasty! And it’s so incredibly simple, plus it’s a fast and easy recipe that’s perfect for busy weeks.
If you don’t need to be dairy free, you can go ahead and make this cheesy vegetable soup with regular cheese and regular milk.
If you make the rice ahead of time, this soup can be made in just 15 minutes. How’s that for a speedy meal?
Another quick and easy soup recipe is this white bean potato soup – so delicious!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Dairy Free Cheesy Vegetable Soup.
This dairy free cheesy vegetable soup is the perfect way to warm up on a freezing winter's day. Gluten free and allergy friendly soup recipe.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Daiya cheddar shreds
- 4 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk I used SO Delicious brand
- 2 cups cooked rice I used Jasmine rice, you could use any white or brown rice
- 16 ounces frozen California vegetable medley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the chopped onion and olive oil in a large pot and cook over medium heat for about 5-4 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the unsweetened coconut milk and Daiya cheddar shreds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the cooked rice, frozen vegetables, garlic powder, and sea salt. Cook until heated through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve with a salad or crackers.
This easy dairy free cheesy vegetable soup is:
- suitable for vegans
- gluten free and top 8 allergen free
- so comforting and satisfying
- perfect for an easy dinner or lunch
How are you holding up just four days before Christmas?