Delicious whole grain strawberry mini muffins are the perfect sweet treat to pack in a lunch or eat as a snack!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Horizon, Silk, & So Delicious. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Can you believe that it’s September already? Didn’t summer just fly by? And now, here we are, buying school supplies and new clothes and packing school lunches everyday.
Packing lunches is always tricky when you have food allergies or intolerances. I know that I have a tough time figuring out what to pack for my sons sometimes – it can be difficult! One place that I love to shop for natural, allergy-friendly items is the Natural Foods Department at Kroger.
I’ve always been a loyal Kroger shopper, and when I found out that so many of my favorite allergy-friendly brands were available in the Natural Foods Department, I began to shop there even more often.
There are so many delicious nut free, dairy free, and vegan brands available at Kroger, including many products made by Silk. The Kroger Natural Foods house brand, Simple Truth, also makes lots of staples that work well for baking and making lunches.
I love that Silk makes single serving chocolate soy milk boxes – these are just the right size for packing in a lunch box. Their dairy free yogurt alternative is another delicious, protein-packed item that works well for lunch.
When I need to pack a lunch for my boys, I like to include a variety of items. Fruit, veggies, turkey, dairy free cheese, Silk dairy free yogurt alternative, and Silk chocolate soy milk are all great options for a lunch that’s tasty and filling. All of these items can be found in the Natural Foods Department at Kroger.
I also like to include something homemade, like whole grain strawberry muffins.
These mini whole grain strawberry muffins are the perfect sweet bite to include in a packed lunch. Made with whole spelt flour, fresh strawberries, and Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative, these are very tender and full of strawberry flavor. Kids and adults love these!
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Simple Truth organic cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Silk Strawberry Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole spelt flour (whole wheat flour works, too)
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 strawberries, finely chopped
- Line two mini muffin tins with 16 paper liners. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the melted vegan buttery spread, sugars, Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative, white vinegar, water, and vanilla extract in a bowl and stir well.
- Add the spelt flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.
What do you like to pack in school lunches?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon, Silk, & So Delicious. The opinions and text are all mine.