Comforting dairy free cheeseburger soup is the perfect hearty meal for your family to enjoy! Delicious and so easy to make.
Sometimes winter just seems to drag on, doesn’t it? It feels like this winter has been about three years long. And then when you have a few spring-like days, only to find out that the next day is supposed to bring snow, it’s really a downer. So, what to do?
I think the best thing to do is to make a cozy soup and stay inside. Embrace the chilly weather, stay warm, and make this dairy free cheeseburger soup.
This soup is cream, cheesy, hearty, and delicious. I know some of you are skeptical of dairy free cheese, and I don’t blame you. Sometimes there is a bit of a texture issue, or the flavor is a bit strange. I recommend the Daiya medium cheddar block – it adds a great cheddar flavor to this soup, and doesn’t have an aftertaste.
If you have a favorite dairy free cheese that works for you, go ahead and use it. Or, if you aren’t dairy free, go ahead and use regular cheddar cheese.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Cheeseburger Soup (Dairy Free, Gluten Free).
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 pound ground round or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour blend
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 7 ounces Daiya block cheddar cheese shredded
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- Place olive oil, carrots, onions, and celery in pot. Cook over medium heat for five minutes.
- Add the ground round, and cook over medium heat until browned. If there is a lot of excess grease, you can drain it out.
- Add broth, spices, and potatoes, Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Combine the ½ cup of non-dairy milk and flour in a bowl, and stir until smooth. Add to pot. Stir while cooking until the soup thickens.
- Add the ¾ cup non-dairy milk and cheese, stir until melted. Serve right away, and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
This dairy free cheeseburger soup is:
- creamy, cheesy, and delicious
- a family friendly meal
- an easy meal for busy days