This sweet potato breakfast skillet with sausage is a delicious and allergy friendly meal! Grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and perfect for a Saturday morning.
Breakfast can be a struggle when you have food allergies, especially if you have an egg allergy. Eggs can make their way into many different breakfast foods, from the obvious omelets to baked goods like casseroles and muffins.
But sometimes you don’t want a sweet breakfast. And savory breakfast options without eggs are hard to come by.
That’s where this sweet potato breakfast skillet comes in. It’s full of sweet potatoes, Yukon Gold potatoes, peppers, onions, and sausage. It’s hearty, filling, and a delicious recipe to serve for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
Use your favorite sausage in this breakfast skillet – any variety that works for your diet will be fine in this recipe. If you want to leave it out, you can do that, too. Feel free to customize this recipe to suit your needs. If you want to add different vegetables, go ahead! Diced zucchini or carrots would be a nice addition.
You’ll want to keep an eye on this as it cooks, stirring it often so the potatoes don’t stick to the skillet. I used a cast iron skillet, but feel free to use any skillet you have on hand.
This sweet potato breakfast skillet is:
- egg free, gluten free, and grain free
- a great recipe to serve on the weekend
- free of the top 8 allergens
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet with Sausage.
- Place the olive oil, onions, peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and sausage in the skillet, and cook over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Once the sausages are browned and cooked through, use the spatula to cut them into small pieces.
- Season with the cumin, pepper, and salt. Serve immediately.