This vegan overnight oatmeal with peaches is easy, creamy, and delicious. And it only takes about 5 minutes of prep time! This is the perfect dairy free breakfast option, especially if you’re short on time.
If your mornings tend to be rushed, you might think that you don’t have time for a tasty breakfast. Sure, they say it’s the most important meal of the day, but if you don’t have time to cook, what can you do?
When you’re in a rush, overnight oatmeal is a great way to get something in your tummy before you rush out the door. They take just a few minutes of prep time the night before, and then you can just grab the mason jar from the fridge, add your toppings, and enjoy! Overnight oats are truly a simple breakfast option or post-workout snack.
Oatmeal without Dairy
You don’t need to use dairy products to make a good version of overnight oats. I used unsweetened coconut milk for this vegan overnight oatmeal recipe, but if you prefer a different type of non-dairy milk, use whatever you like. Soy milk, rice milk, hemp milk…any of those options should work in this recipe.
If you are able to eat dairy, go ahead and use regular milk. That will also work just fine.
Overnight oatmeal tastes pretty much like oatmeal made the traditional way, except I think it’s a little creamier, because the oats soak in the milk all night long. I really like the creamy texture of this recipe – these oats make a great base for cut up fruit, seeds, chocolate chips, crunchy cereal, etc.
I like to eat this oatmeal cold from the refrigerator, but if you prefer a warm breakfast, you could heat the oatmeal up in the microwave before adding your toppings. It’s totally up to you.
- raisins or dried cherries
- pumpkin seeds
- chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- dry cereal, like Chex
- coconut flakes
- chia seed jam
Tips for Success
- Use a non-dairy milk that you love (you don’t need to use a flavored variety with a lot of added sugar)
- Make sure to let the oatmeal soak for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator for maximum creaminess
- Stir well so all the oats are covered with milk
- Get creative with your toppings – add nuts, seeds, berries, spices like cinnamon or ginger, or coconut flakes
More Overnight Oat Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Yummy Vegan Overnight Oatmeal with Peaches.
- Place the gluten free oats, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup in a glass jar. Stir well. Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir the oats. You can warm them in the microwave if desired. Top with peaches and pumpkin seeds and enjoy!