A fresh and healthy triple berry kiwi smoothie that’s loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. This smoothie is a great way to boost your immune system!
We’re all so busy at this time of year, we forget to take care of ourselves sometimes, don’t we?
With lots of indoor activities, and children passing around germs, it’s easy to catch whatever’s going around. We have to remember to take care of ourselves, or we wind up run down and sick.
A healthy smoothie is a great choice for breakfast on busy days. Throw everything in the blender, give it a whirl, and you’re good to go. You don’t need a Vitamix to make a super smoothie – this blender is SO powerful, and a fraction of the price. Plus, you can add on this blend and go smoothie jar, which is really convenient. (affiliate links)
This one is full of antioxidants and vitamin C from all the berries and fresh kiwi. Did you know that one kiwi has over 100% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C? And it has a rare form of vitamin E that’s fat-free.
The three types of berries are also excellent for immunity as well since they are full of vitamin C and bioflavonoids. Eating a variety of berries is very good for you as you get a variety of antioxidants. The darker the berries, the more antioxidants they contain. You could also add some blackberries to this smoothie if you want.
I used orange juice for added vitamin C and calcium, but you could use water or even cranberry juice if you prefer.
Tips for making this triple berry smoothie:
- If you find that your frozen berries or the kiwi are too tart, you can add a little maple syrup or honey to sweeten this if needed, or any sweetener that works for your diet.
- Occasionally frozen strawberries are on the tart side – so if fresh fruit is in season, you can use that instead if you prefer!
- If you wanted to add more antioxidants and iron, you could even throw some fresh kale or spinach in here. It shouldn’t change the flavor, but it will change the color – it won’t be such a vibrant shade of deep pink.
- You can also add chia seeds, flax seed meal, or hemp seed hearts (affiliate links) if you are interested in adding some protein and healthy fats to this smoothie. I didn’t choose to do that this time, but it’s a great option if you want this to have more staying power between meals.
This is a beautiful smoothie to enjoy whether you’re sick or well. It’s the perfect breakfast or snack.
Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie.
A Triple berry kiwi smoothie that's packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. Perfect for the winter months!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 kiwifruit peeled and sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
Place the frozen berries in the blender and let them thaw for about 10 minutes.
Add the kiwifruit and the orange juice and blend on high until smooth.
Top with more kiwi or berries if desired.
What are your favorite natural remedies for a cold?